We recognize that you may be concerned about our use and disclosure of your personal information. Your privacy is very important to us, and the following will inform you of the information that we, Gulf South Quality Network, LLC (GSQN), may collect from you and how it is used. By using our website, www.gsqn.org, you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
How We Protect Personal Information
GSQN values our relationship with you. We are dedicated to maintaining your trust and confidence in our services. This notice describes the privacy practices of GSQN and our commitment to protecting the privacy and security of your personal and protected health information.
To effectively provide services to our members and on behalf of your group health plan, it is necessary for GSQN to receive and/or disclose personal and protected health information. GSQN may disclose to employers, plan sponsors, health care providers, other group health plans, insurers, service providers and/or business associates. Such information may be made available through enrollment forms, medical claims, medical reports, coverage history and other sources and forms necessary to manage care, treatment and analytics of our health plan populations.
The information GSQN may receive and/or disclose may include your name, Social Security number, address, date of birth, telephone number, marital status, gender, dependent information, claim information and employment information. While this list is not exhaustive, it gives you an idea of the type of information we are referring to in this notice.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), in part, establishes new standards for healthcare privacy and security. GSQN is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal and protected health information in a manner that is consistent with our customer’s legal obligations. GSQN has developed a privacy and security compliance program for our personnel that takes into account HIPAA privacy and security standards and reasonable practices in the healthcare industry.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We do not sell, lease, rent or otherwise disclose the Personal Information collected from our Site to third parties unless otherwise stated below or with your consent.
- Our Third Party Providers. We transfer Personal Information to third party service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing our Services. For example, we may use third party service providers for security, website analytics, and data analytics processing. OR SHOULD WE USE
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, Divestitures or Change of Control. We may transfer or assign Personal Information to a third party entity that acquires or is merged with us as part of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
In addition to the uses and disclosures of information outlined above, if you use the Portal, your information may also be used and disclosed as follows:
- Authorized Representatives. If another individual is managing your account on your behalf (for example, a mother managing the account of her son), as authorized by you or as a personal representative under applicable law, that person can view all Personal Information about you in the Portal.
- Healthcare Providers. Your healthcare providers may have access to Personal Information for administrative and healthcare services. We may also use Personal Information to respond to and fulfill your orders and requests.
- Partners. We may share Personal Information with marketing, treatment or health care operations support partners, who are also required to protect the confidentiality of your information, that will enable them to send you targeted messages or serve you targeted advertising, which will occur with your authorization or otherwise in compliance with HIPAA (defined below) and other applicable laws.
No website can guarantee security, but we maintain industry accepted physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information collected via our Services in compliance with applicable law.
We are required by law to:
- make sure that medical information that identifies you is treated confidentially
- give you this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your medical information
- follow the terms of the Notice currently in effect.
We will never ask for or knowingly collect Personal Information from children through the Services or Portal. If you are a child, you are not permitted to use the Portal and should immediately exit our Portal. Parents of un-emancipated minors may set up accounts for themselves to access their children’s medical records only as permitted pursuant to the Terms governing the Portal. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child through this Portal, please contact us at email@example.com and we will dispose of the information as required by applicable law.
Web Server Logs
When you access or use our Services, we may track information to administer our Services and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include, without limitation:
- Your Internet protocol address;
- The kind of browser or computer you use;
- Number of links you click within our Services;
- State or country from which you accessed our Services;
- Date and time of your visit;
- Name of your Internet service provider;
- Third party websites you linked to from our Services; and
- Pages or information you viewed on our Services;
We use this information to analyze and improve our Services, monitor traffic and usage patterns for information security purposes, and to help make our Services more useful.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.
You may also contact us at:
Gulf South Quality Network, LLC
Data Protection Officer
4405 N. I-10 Service Road West, Suite 101
Metairie, LA 70006